The first meeting of the reorganized board. Presentations included Special Education and School Counseling Program Updates. Ms. Smith and students presented information about the district’s 18-21 Program, a Vocational learning program through the Collingswood Public School district for young adult students aged 18-21 years old.
Other board businesses included Public Comment, the first reading of new memorandum and bylaws. see the link below for the complete agenda.
See complete agenda with minutes here: http://www.boarddocs.com/nj/colps/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=AVHJ2748E451
First Public Comment:
- Ms. Delaney asked what concerns did the Board have to not allow homeschoolers to participate in activities.
- Ms. Henry responded stating that it was a tough decision. We can see it both ways.
- Mr. Mason asked about the Bond Referendum and how we will build awareness.
- Dr. Oswald explained outreach steps – Website, Town Crier, and businesses.
- Mr. Mason asked if there is a plan B.
- Dr. Oswald responded that that is up to the Board.
- Ms. Rossi asked about Policy #5616.01 with regard to student tracking devices and voiced her concern as a parent. She said that it looks like if one rule is broken, then many are broken.
- Dr. Oswald explained Policy #556.01 and its intent.
Second Public Comment:
- Mr. Mason thanked Mr. Hatzell for his years of service as President. He also welcomed Ms. Brooks and Ms. Henry and Dr. Becker as President and Vice-President. He asked about the Retrospect article with regard to Dr. Becker’s views.
- Ms. Henry made a statement that this portion of the meeting is a “comment section”. If you have question, we can get back to you.
- Ms. Rossi asked if the live streams are not available, could we update the website.
- Ms. Delaney asked if a sample ballot will be sent out.
- Mrs. Coleman responded that a sample ballot will be sent out from the County. Once we send the question, the county will send out the ballot.
- Ms. Henry stated that we are looking to refrain from the back and forth questions and answers of past meetings. We are looking for a centralized email and form for questions.