Collingswood Public Library
August 21, 2018 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Highlights included Digital Literacy Event, Marker recycling program, BOE Candidate Forum
Jen Rossi Shared the banner that was made by collecting the children’s drawings from the Green Festival where the CEAG was working in the Kids Zone. The banner will be presented to the Board of Commissioners at their next meeting.
Discussion of book being read by The Board of Education as part of their Committee of the Whole discussions at the beginning of BOE meetings. “Building Equity: Policies and Practices to Empower all Learners.” by Smith, Frey, Pumpian, Fisher
Jen shared website statistics
6:15 Kate Delany updated the group about the pursuit of Non-Profit status of the CEAG Points included PO Box, EIN, and 501c(3)
It was agreed that the group would start cataloging receipts for use when calculating future budgets.
6:50 Discussion of Future Work:
Fundraising at future events
Marker collection as part of Crayola program- get in touch with different Green Teams
Digital Literacy Event
Rhodes Mason suggested looking into the information and resources available from Common Sense Media for a Digital Literacy Event.
Questions: What does the district currently do in Technology Class? What technology is used?
7:26 Pop Up Library
- Discussion about sourcing of books
- Finding a regular space
- Communicating with residents to encourage participation
7:31 Board of Education Candidate Forum Planning
- 3 weeks before start advertising
- Will we be able to access the Ballroom as previously used?
- If needed, maybe the library?
- Send press releases and invite press
7:46 Focus on ways to reach out to seniors and members of the community who do not have children in schools. How to engage?
7:52 Rhodes brought up how he had organized a career day at his child’s school and he thought his approach may be helpful for other schools to organize their own.
7:55 Old Businss: Nurses, Librarians, status of access to programs for Home Schoolers.
- Marker Recycling Program
- Share link for Crayola Marker Recycling program
- Digital Literacy Event
- What is currently taught in the schools?
- Find Resources for Caregivers
- Share Digital Agreement from Disrict
- Storyarts.org-storycorp for archiving town narratives
- Organize Press List
- Start a Google Document
- Develop a Career Day How-to kit
This page is post-dated. Original Publication date was 2/11/2019