Meeting highlights included an update on projects across the district, an update on the science and math curricula in Collingswood Public Schools,
The complete agenda can be found here:
Highlights From The District Math And Science Presentations:
Members of the elementary and secondary administrative team will share updates on new programs in the math, science, and technology areas.
Dr. Principato and Mr. Smith – Elementary
Mr. Yamamoto – Secondary
- Dr. Principato is explained the new approach in the math curriculum. Teaching using different learning methods for different learning styles.
- Mr. Smith is explained how more STEAM is being incorporated into the Science curriculum.
- Elementary Schools are using an interdisciplinary approach in lessons for Math and Science.
- Mr. Smith showed how 3rd grade is using journaling in their science class.
- There was a presentation about an elective science class at the secondary level. Mostly Juniors and Seniors.
- There was a presentation about course available in Genomics.
- Starting in the Miiddle School, students have the ability to learn block coding for Apps and robotics.
Highlights from The Buildings, Grounds & Finance Committee:
- Cleanup at the stadium is ongoing
- Early Childhood is still looking for space
- Info about a Sustainable Jersey for Schools Grant Program
Highlights From Public Comment:
A resident was impressed by the electives that are available and echoed the request for more students and people to be made aware of ongoing programs.
Another parent wanted to ask for follow-up on the idea of starting “Share Tables” in Collingswood Schools.
Next Board of Education Meeting will be on 12/17/2018 due to the Winter Break.