Collingswood Public Library
January 15, 2019 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Highlights included details about the group’s nonprofit status, updates on the Pop Up Library events, a special event for February, and a need to refocus on Sustainability Projects.
- Need to get all incorporation docs into cloud. RM to contact BL to get remaining docs. Take pics of them if necessary.
- KD to contact Tom about who he used for representation of his non-profit.
- RM to reach out to friend who works for non-profit.
- Could use services like Legal Zoom or Your Part-time Controller in limited capacity but would incur charges.
- JR to look into moving CEAG into Google for all online activity (emails, docs, etc.). Will see how Google for Non-Profits might help and migrate to that platform once we establish non-profit status.
Pop Up Library
- KD has received large amount of Spanish language books.
- RM to contact Woodlyne principal/admin about donating some of them to their schools.
- Target yard sale day in June for offering pop up library.
- Reviewing if we need to do more cataloguing of books
- Talk of putting out a few lawn signs at Parkview by White Horse Pike week before next pop up library
- KD to see if Parkview can offer any storage space for books
Black History Month
- Difficulty in securing any speakers without ability to pay them.
- KD to ask Oswald if he has any teachers who want to host event and CEAG to support them.
- RM suggested special screenings opened to public but aimed at CHS students.
- Want to coordinate with district on organizing a parent green team who will assist schools to reach Sustainable NJ goals and help them win grants.
- Keep pushing for share table at lunches and CEAG to take unused food to food banks on weekly basis.
- RM to contact Sharp’s Dr. Principato to see if we can launch a pilot program once
- Want to do marker recycling and award schools who turn them into CEAG full.
- Want to offer gutter gardens that are cheap to build and could add green to schools.
Online meetings for February
- JR to set up next CEAG meeting as podcast
- See if we can grow reach from doing online meetings
- How will we measure success (# of people tuned in, # of comments, etc.)? Not resolved.
Our next meeting will be at the Collingswood Public Library at 6:30 pm on 2/19/19 which will also be a special event.
This page is post-dated. Original Publication date was 2/11/2019